Thursday, November 19, 2009

November 19, 2009

Today I saw good progress with my Granados pieces.

In Andaluza, I've been experimenting with rit.'s. Where there aren't any, I've been playing around with adding them in for dramatic effect. I think that's what Granados would have wanted - a spot of improvisation seems to be his style anyway (see Lento Assai part of Oriental).

Fandango is coming along, I played to the end of page 2 today, which seemed a logical place to stop. I re-learnt what fp means (thanks Chris), but need to do a little more research to understand how to use it properly (or is it up to the pianist?). At the moment I'm playing an emphasized one chord at the placing of fp, but I think it may be forte at the start of each new phrase? Will report back... I'm having some difficulty with the large moments of the left hand in the second section - something to concentrate on.

And then Oriental. I just love the sound of this, and can't wait to get it up to Andante speed. Have some fingering issues that I'm working on. I started a little sight reading of the Lento assai section, but haven't really commited to learning it truly yet.

I want to be playing Christmas music, and am about to start on Charlie Brown Christmas and Jazz at Christmas. That's for this afternoon! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment