Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 18, 2009

Today I'm working on Granados, 12 Danzas Espanolas.

5. Andaluza: Getting back to where I was when I played this last (2002). I need to make sure that the intro is correct in number of repetitions, and that the emotive dynamics are observed. Morendo means slowly dying away.

2. Oriental: First start today on this piece. I'm really enjoying how pretty it sounds already. I'm going at a tempo much slower than Andante, which is something I need to work on. Leaving off the trill for now until I get a handle on the melody in general. Again, dramatic dynamics need to be observed. I think that the rit. and dim.'s need to be more emphasized than what I'm doing at this point. Listening to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-M3vm0LJBU definitely helped.

3. Fandango: Not much to say about this yet, other than I'm getting there with the fingering, and that I'm excited about being 'energico'! Little confused though, as the recording on youtube seems nothing like the sheet music in front of me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxy5JrOavQ Hmmm. Could it really be that tempo will make it seem so different....

Oh, and I also played Moussorgsky Pictures at an Exhibition: Promenade was going in full swing today, just a little bit of fingering trouble to look out for next time. Had some fun varying the dynamics. Tried playing The Great Gate, but wasn't really feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment